Special Access Field Trip: Macro Photography in a Biome Conservatory
Saturday, January 25, 2020
10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Frank Meuschke, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Staff/Photographer
All levels, Beginner to Advanced
Join us for an exclusive opportunity to hone your macro photography skills with some rare and unusual plants! Begin at the Arboretum for classroom tips for successful macro flower and plant photography. Grab lunch at the Arboretum Cafe (or bring your own) before convenient Arboretum transportation brings you to the BRAND NEW CBS Conservatory in Saint Paul.
- Explore macro concepts in the classroom
- Focus points
- Depth of field
- Equipment choices
At the St Paul Conservatory
- Get a private tour with Conservatory curator Lisa Aston Philander
- Spend time in your favorite biomes honing your macro photography skills
You will return to the Arboretum with beautiful images of rare plants!
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera
- Macro lens
- Monopod or tripod
- Timer or cabled or wireless shutter release
- Wide angle lens (optional)
- Extension tubes, light ring (optional)
Limit 14, Marion Andrus Learning Center - Tree Place
$189 member/$209 non-member, includes Arboretum admission