Saturday in the Kitchen: Fermenting Foods - Kraut & Kimchi
Saturday, October 12, 2019
9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Iman Mefleh, Owner, You Betcha Kimchi
Fermented vegetables are popular, healthy and delicious! Learn how to prepare two classic cabbage recipes- European sauerkraut and Korean kimchi.
In this class, you will:
- Receive a basic lesson in fermentation science
- Work together in small social groups
- Create, chop, mix and pack jars of sauerkraut and kimchi to take home
- Learn how you can create living, pro-biotic vegetable ferments at home
- Explore how to change traditionally pickled recipes into ferment recipes, increasing the health benefit
You’ll leave with recipes and containers of sauerkraut and kimchi to sample with family and friends!
Limit 20, Marion Andrus Learning Center - Harvest Kitchen
$49 member/$64 non-member, includes Arboretum admission