Make Coasters from Photographs: Dye Sublimination
Saturday, December 7, 2019
9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Dan Fenner, former Operations Manager for Mpls Photo Center, founder of Print Arts Midwest, a non-profit dedicated to helping those interested in the printed arts thrive
No experience necessary
All supplies included, bring your own images (see details below)
Transform your favorite photographs into stunning puzzles using dye sublimination! This process transfers photographs onto a wide variety of surfaces. In this class you will turn those favorite photographs into 4 coasters to personalize any home décor or give as gifts.
- Understand what dye sublimation is – how and why it works
- Follow the instructor’s guidance step-by-step
- Use specialized software and printers to transform your photographs
- Complete 4 coasters in class
- TIP: Bring several photos for a variety of coaster images!
If you’d like to continue the process at home, you’ll also receive
helpful resources for purchasing the equipment, software, printers, and
tips on making the best products.
Bring from Home
4-7 different images sized to 4”x 4” on a USB flash drive or your computer
Limit 10, Oswald Visitor Center - Azalea Classroom
$29 member/$49 non-member, includes Arboretum admission