Local Wine and Cheese Pairing
Thursday, October 24, 2019
6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Drew Horton, University of Minnesota Enology Specialist at the Horticulture Research Center
Judy Thompson, Cheese Specialist, Lakewinds Co-op
As the weather cools, wine and cheese pairings are a great way to enjoy time with friends and family. This class will impart new ideas for elegantly simple cheese and wine pairings for the season, in addition to fascinating insights to share with your guests:
- Learn about the cold climate wine grape research that occurs at the University of Minnesota
- Understand how a Mediterranean climate plant can be bred for Minnesota winters
- Discover why the upper Midwest excels in cheese production
- Learn about some of Judy's favorite cheese makers
- Savor cheese and wine pairings selected for you by Judy and Drew as they
share the basics of how to choose pairings, from texture to tasting
- Take-home your own Riedel wine glass!
Ages 21 and up.
Limit 30, Marion Andrus Learning Center - Harvest Kitchen
$49 member/$64 non-member, includes Arboretum admission, wine and cheese tastes, a take-home Reidel glass - plus recipes!