Full Moon Photography at the Arb 2-Day Workshop
Saturday, February 8, 2 p.m.-7 p.m. AND Sunday, February 9, 3 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Mike Shaw, photographer, author and workshop leader
Beginner to Intermediate
Come howl at the moon! Here’s your chance to learn the secrets of photographing the full moon and other night sky treasures over the winter scenery of the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. Exclusive night access to the Arboretum with night photography expert Dr. Mike Shaw.
- Two evenings to refine your moon photography techniques
- Two afternoon sessions learning night photography and astronomy
- Moderate to long focal length lenses will be most useful for moonscapes (50 – 200 mm)
- Telephoto lenses for moon close-ups (200 mm and up)
- A sturdy tripod is essential
- Cable or wireless remote shutter release
- Headlamp with a red bulb or small flashlight is important to protect your night vision
- Operating manual for your camera
- Spare batteries
- Proper clothing, winter hat & winter gloves, hand warmers and footwear
You may be doing some walking along 3-Mile Drive.
Class will be held in any safe weather conditions, rain, snow or shine. In case of inclement conditions, the instructor will engage the class in hands-on activities to develop photographic skills and knowledge on astronomy/field planning/photography, so that you will be prepared to leverage your knowledge and skills when a clear night opportunity arises.
BOX DINNER (both nights)
Served with potato chips, Craveworthy Cookies® and beverage, you will have your choice of sandwiches (select your preference for each night at registration): Thai Beef Wrap (280 CAL EACH) Mozzarella, Red Pepper, Balsamic & kale ciabatta (470 CAL EACH) Turkey, feta, spinach & sundried tomato ciabatta (670 CAL EACH)
Limit 12, Tashjian Bee and Pollinator Discovery Center - McVay Learning Lab
$175 member/$190 non-member, includes Arboretum admission and box dinner both nights