Create-Your-Own Air Plants in Corks Mini Workshop
Saturday, August 10, 3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. 150-08-10-19-03
Laura Vogel, Adult Education Programs Manager, Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
Discover a unique gem to add to your houseplant collection! The genus Tillandsia, or air plants, are a specialized type of plant native to the Americas. They do not require soil to survive, making them a great conversation piece for your home and a suitable live subject for endless artistic displays! The experience will take a half-hour or less. You will:
- Visit to the nearby Conservatory for a quick introduction to air plants
- Learn care guidelines- they still need water and light, even if they’re not planted in soil!
- Choose from an assortment of mini (approx 1 inch) Tillandsia
- Follow along step-by-step as you build your own display of 3 Tillandsia mounted on corks, for display on an indoor magnetic surface or tabletop
- Receive a helpful care sheet
Limit 8, Snyder Building - Snyder Lobby
$20 per project, does not include Arboretum admission.
Walk-in registration based on availability; first-come, first-served.