Tuesday, June 11
9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Mary Meyer, University of MN Professor and Extension Horticulturist
What happens to the water, fertilizer and plant 'waste' in your yard? Should each of us attempt to manage all green matter or yard waste on our own property? What would a conscientious gardener do? You will learn:
- How to assess the environmental impact of your garden
- How to conserve water and reduce runoff from your property
- When and how to use fertilizer and pesticides, as well as alternative methods and materials
- The benefits of planting a diversity of native plants
- Available options for composting green material
You will leave with new insights and a veritable tool box of ideas to garden more conscientiously!
Limit 30, Oswald Visitor Center - Azalea Classroom
$15 member/$30 non-member, includes Arboretum admission